Lighten Hair Naturally With Chamomile
There are plenty of options for those who want to lighten their hair, but most of those methods carry the risk of damaging or drying out strands.
Considering how important your crowning glory is, it’s a must to use extreme care and caution when doing anything to change it. In this article, we’ll explore if it’s really possible to lighten hair with chamomile.
Hair lightening and bleaching
It’s normal to want to change up your look every now and then. In fact, most of us wonder how to naturally lighten hair. Well, you may opt to use natural bleaching agents like chamomile tea or apple cider vinegar to achieve your goal. But sometimes, that involves having to dye or bleach your hair in order to lighten it.
However, there are lots of horror stories that have stemmed from harsh chemical treatments like bleaching.
That’s why it’s always better to use proven natural treatments instead of chemical treatments, as the latter tends to be harsher and more problematic for your hair.
Lighten hair naturally with chamomile
This is where chamomile comes in. But does chamomile lighten hair without sun? And how does chamomile actually work? Read on for your answers!
This medicinal plant has long been used for natural hair lightening, thanks to its natural properties.
Chamomile contains three flavonoids called apigen, quercetin, and azulene. Apigen and azulene work together to brighten the hair, while quercetin is the one that lightens the hair. This flavonoid has an enzyme that can limit the production of melanin, which is the same thing that gives color to your strands, as well as your skin.
It may not be as quick as chemical treatments, but over time, chamomile treatments can also effectively lighten your hair, sans all the possible damages and breakages.
How to use chamomile for hair lightening
The good thing is that it’s easy to DIY these chamomile treatments to lighten your hair naturally. Here are two ways on how you can try it out for yourself. Just follow the steps below and you’ll create perfectly light, silky, and best of all, undamaged tresses!
This method can help lighten hair naturally over time. It’s not going to be a dramatic change, and you may not even notice the change as it’s happening. But as time goes by, you’ll see a noticeable difference from when you first incorporated this trick into your hair care routine.
Keep in mind that dark-haired individuals may not see much of a difference, unlike those with lighter hair. The lighter the hair is, the better this method will take effect.
- chamomile tea bags
- hot water
- Leave the tea bags steeping in hot water until it cools down.
- Get into the shower and wash your hair normally with regular shampoo and conditioner.
- Get the cooled down chamomile tea and apply it to your hair. Don’t wash your hair afterward; instead, just let it air-dry.
If you want to strengthen chamomile’s ability to lighten your hair. you can also do a chamomile mask once or twice a week. This is a bit stronger than a simple chamomile risk and you might be able to see a difference right from the first use.
The yogurt in this mask also helps make your strands moisturized and soft. A win-win in terms of hair masks, don’t you think?
- chamomile tea bags
- hot water
- Let the chamomile tea bags steep in hot water until cool.
- Add in plain yogurt to the mix. Combine well.
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo and conditioner.
- Use a comb to spread the mixture to your clean, damp strands.
- Leave the mixture on your strands for 30 to 60 minutes.
Tips to lighten hair naturally with chamomile
- You can do the chamomile rinse every day, until you’ve reached your desired color.
- You can mix chamomile with other ingredients that can also lighten strands such as lemon, for example.
- Don’t forget to do a patch test first with the hair mask before applying the mixture to your whole hair.
- You can also add the chamomile + lemon mix to your hair before you go out into the sun. But of course, don’t be surprised, as the sun’s rays will certainly activate the mixture and cause your strands to become substantially lighter.
Now you know that it’s possible to lighten hair naturally with chamomile! For more hair tips and tricks, check out our ZALA blog!