A Buyer's Guide to Halo Hair Extensions
Halo hair extensions are the best solution for women who want to instantly get long, luscious, and bouncy hair without a long-term commitment to hair extensions. The convenience of Halos makes them popular among first-time extension users. The best part is that Halo extensions are suitable for all hair types, including short, thin, or fine hair.
In this buyer's guide, we'll tell you everything you want to know about Halo extensions.
What is a Halo Hair Extension?
The Halo extension is a single-piece, large hair weft that instantly adds length, volume, and thickness to your hair. But unlike other sorts of extensions, Halos don't come with clips, adhesives, or other bonding options, and they're not attached to your natural hair.
Instead, a Halo weft comes with an invisible wire, which holds the extension firmly on your head like a headband. And since the wire doesn't attach to your hair, you don't have to worry about any damage to your hair, even if your hair is on the fine side.
Wear your Halo daily or only on special occasions. You're sure to look gorgeous every time. You can remove and reapply your Halo extension whenever you want. We recommend removing it before sleeping and then reapplying the next day.
Pros and Cons of Halo Hair Extensions
- Apply it to your head in minutes using the invisible wire, and you're good to go!
- The Halos don't physically attach to your own hair. And it doesn't involve the use of glue or tape. As such, you can rest assured your hair is safe.
- The weft is so comfortable to wear you won’t even feel the wire. And you can wear it with confidence; no worries about bonds that may come off or extensions that may slide down.
- You can wear, remove, and reapply your Halo whenever you want. No long-term commitment to extensions. Best choice for first-time extension users.
- Halos are relatively cost-effective because, unlike most other extensions, you don't have to visit a salon to reapply or adjust the wefts from time to time.
- It is suitable for women with short or fine hair because it looks invisible, doesn't cause hair damage, and blends seamlessly with your natural hair. But it is not a good idea to use Halo hair extensions for very short hair because it may not look as natural as you may want.
- Difficult to pull into top knots or updos.
- Your halo extension can get matted or tangled when you sleep with it.
- Not suitable for very short hair.
How to Install Halo Extensions
- Gently brush your Halo hair extensions with a wide-toothed comb.
- Isolate the hair at your crown and create a top-knot. Use a hair tie to hold the knot in place.
- Make sure the hair around your face is loose, so that your hair looks natural after applying the Halo. It also helps for a seamless blending of the weft with your hair.
- Put the Halo extension at the crown of your head. The invisible wire will hold it firmly in place.
- Remove the hair tie and loosen the top-knot so your natural hair blends with the Halo.
- Gently brush your hair together with the weft for perfect blending and a natural look.
- Pull your hair into your favorite hairstyle.
The Lifespan of Halo Extensions
How long Halo extensions last depends mainly on their quality and frequency of use. As such, make sure to do your research and buy only premium quality Remy human hair Halo extensions. For example, you could read up on Zala hair extension reviews or Glam Seamless Halo reviews before making a choice.
On average, most Halo hair extensions last from six months up to a year, depending on how often you use them and the level of care they receive. To increase its lifespan, be sure to brush your Halo often and store it properly when not in use. Also, wash the extension with sulfate-free and alcohol-free products after every five to six wears.
Halo Extension for Fine Hair
Halo extensions do not tug your fine hair or cause damage because they're not applied directly to your hair. Instead, the silicone wire holds the weft on your head. This makes Halo extensions safe for fine or thin hair. Also, the extension doesn't cause pain, itchiness, or other discomforts, and the wire is so comfortable you won’t even feel it.
ZALA’s Halo extensions are available in four lengths and over a dozen colors, including highlights. Shop our selection to get started with your longer, fuller hair now!