7 Heatless Braided Hairstyles ft. Lyss Ryann
iIf you're a frequent reader of our blog, you probably already know how much we love braided hairstyles here. Braids can be used for pretty much any occasion, be it casual hangouts, formal events, or romantic dates!
Since it's almost the day of hearts and we can't wait to get all glammed up the easy way, here's a relevant tutorial from one of our ZALA influencers, Lyss Ryan. Take a look at three of our favorite heatless braided hairstyles from her video!
As its name implies, this hairstyle looks a bit like a dinosaur's tail, thanks to the single braid standing out in the ponytail.
- Start by parting your hair the way you like it. Preferably 3/4 though, for best results.
- Take the bigger part and start French braiding it until you reach the back of your ear. Secure with an elastic.
- Do a regular braid all the way down.
- Take a bigger hair band and tie your hair in a ponytail, letting the single regular braid stand out.
- Add some finishing touches if desired.
The next hairstyle looks a bit more chic than the last. You can wear this out on a casual date with your beau, making it absolutely perfect for the coming Valentine's. Not to mention, it's super easy to do, too!
- Part your hair in the middle, or wherever you desire.
- Take one small strand from one side and start doing a regular braid all the way down. Secure with an elastic.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Add some finishing touches and you're done!
Braid On Braid On Braid
This one is probably the 'hardest' one on this list, at least in terms of the number of steps it takes to finish, but it's still relatively easy compared to other more complex hairstyles. At least this one is completely doable all by yourself!
- Follow all the steps to the Dragon Slayer hairstyle from above.
- Once you're done with that, take both the braids and mix them with other strands.
- Take three strands of your hair, including the ones with braids, for a regular braid.
- Braid your hair regularly all the way down and secure with a sturdy elastic or hair band.
- Pull out a few 'stray' strands for a more laidback, relaxed look.
Did you enjoy our top picks? For the entire list of heatless braided hairstyles as well as a more visual representation, take a look at her video below!
For more hairstyle tips and lists, check out the ZALA blog!