Are your hair extensions not a perfect match? Do you need a more ash toned blonde and need to get rid of any brassy tones? Then check out the Zala hair extensions toning guide below including a complete tutorial on how to tone hair extensions (featuring ZALA tape hair extensions)!
Remember to always practice and test your product one one piece first to ensure it achieves the results you want! This is important as ZALA is not responsible for any unwanted results – for our full toning policy: www.zalacliphairextensions.com.au/faq/dying-zala-hair
ZALA Hair Extension Toning Guide
When toning tape extensions, it’s important to leave approximately a 1cm gap between the tape tabs and the hair you are applying the product to. This will ensure the adhesive is not disrupted or affected for application.
What you’ll need:
- ZALA tape extensions (this method can also be used for our clip in extensions to!)
- ZALA Cool Down Toning Shampoo (this is specially designed for hair extensions)
- ZALA Smooth Talker Hair Extension Conditioner (Ultra hydrating and shine enhancing)
- ZALA Revive Me Hair Extension Treatment
- Fill your sink with warm water
- Making sure the tape tabs remain completely dry, submerge each piece in the water so that the hair is damn prior to toning. This helps to ensure the toner achieves an even coverage and seamless results.
- Add a squeeze of toning shampoo into the water and swish around until completely dissolved.
- When toning hair extensions, always test your product on one single piece first to ensure it gives the results you desire.
- Dip each piece into the water and gently massage the shampoo evenly throughout the hair.
- Work quickly to avoid overturning the hair!
- Once toned, set pieces aside and leave for 3-5 minutes.
- Empty the since and rinse the hair thoroughly, starting with the piece that was toned first.
- Apply a ZALA’s Smooth Talker Conditioner throughout each piece and leave on for 5-10 minutes to deeply condition the hair before rinsing out thoroughly.
- Apply a small amount of ZALA’s Revive Me Treatment on your extensions whilst wet for extra hydration, nourishment and added shine.
- Once your extensions are completely dry, brush through each piece gently and straighten to finish!
If you liked this post, you can check out more like it at the ZALA blog!PUBLISHED 11TH FEBRUARY 2018