At ZALA, we love tape in hair extensions for so many reasons! Not only do they achieve your hair goals instantly and let you wake up with your dream hair everyday, they are super easy to reapply! Want to know how? We’ve got you sorted. Read on for our full guide on how to reapply tape hair extensions.
How to Reapply Tape Hair Extensions
First things first, let’s cover the essentials you’ll need when reapplying your tapes:
- Solvent – ZALA solvent is fast acting on soft bonds and oil based to be gentle on your locks
- Tape adhesive – pre-cut adhesive tabs are our most recommendation when reapplying tape hair extensions! They make the whole process neat, quick and easy.
- Tail Comb – a must have for reapplying tapes
- Sectioning clips – essential for even application
HOW TO REAPPLY TAPE HAIR EXTENSIONS:
- Start by locating the tape pieces and using your sectioning clips to get your hair out of the way.
- Then, spray your solvent directly on the tape tabs making sure to use a generous amount. ZALA solvent is designed specifically for our tape range to quickly dissolve the adhesive.
- Use your tail comb to carefully seperate the tape pieces and loosen the bond. If there is any pull or tension, keep spraying your solvent until the extensions easily slide out!
- Once all pieces have been removed, use your fingers to take off any leftover adhesive and then give the extensions a good shampoo & condition. This ensures any residue from the solvent is removed before application.
- Next, it’s time to retape the extensions! As this step can be a little time consuming, luckily ZALA tape tabs are pre-cut to speed up the process. Simply take one tape tab, place on top of the sticky side of the piece and then remove the paper backing when applying.
- Now that all pieces are ready to be reapplied, follow our appliction guide and install them as normal! Yep – it’s that easy 🙂