For many people, the holidays are the perfect time for some much needed R&R. Many people take the opportunity to unwind, relax, and even travel during this season.
When travelling during the holidays, it can be quite a hassle to always have to get your hair out of your face. Especially if you’re moving around constantly, you’d want to keep your hair on your head, away from all the oil and sebum on your skin that can lead to dirty hair.
Take a look at these two easy hairstyles when you’re travelling during the holidays! And if you have short hair, don’t fret, you can choose any of these styles from our collection, like the 20″ Platinum Blonde and the 16″ Caramel!
Hairstyle #1 – The Bun
The bun is a timeless classic, for good reason. Not only does it keep the hair out of your face, it also makes you look stylish and classy at the same time!
- Start by brushing all your hair back, from the front to the back of your head. Gather all the strands in one hand.
- For a messy bun look, pull some random strands away from your hair. For a fringe bun, take your fringes out of the gathered bunch. If you want a classier look, pull your hair towards the top of your head. For a more serious look, pull your hair towards the lower part of your head.
- Tie your hair with an elastic. Then, wrap your hair around the elastic until it’s fully covered. Use bobby pins to secure the bun.
- Add some finishing touches and you’re done!
Hairstyle #2 – The High Ponytail
If the bun is timeless, then the ponytail is immortal. After all, it’s quick, easy, and effortless. What more can you ask for?
- This works the same way as the bun, except for the ‘wrapping around the elastic’ part. After you brush all your hair back, pull it towards the top of your head and wrap with an elastic.
- If you really want to keep your hair out of your face, you can also braid the ponytail into one big braid. This is especially helpful if you’re backpacking and walking around a lot.
- To do the braid, just section your ponytail into three smaller parts. Cross one over the other, alternating as you go along. Secure the end with an elastic.
- Add some finishing touches and you’re ready to go on your adventure!
Bonus: Here’s a guide on how to put in your own Zala clip in ponytail hair extensions!
See, styling your hair when you’re travelling during the holidays doesn’t have to be a hassle! Let us know what’s your favorite holiday travel hairstyle in the comments below!
And for more hairstyle ideas, check out the ZALA blog!PUBLISHED 9TH NOVEMBER 2018