Coachella – the most anticipated festival of the year is in full swing! To have your locks sorted for the final weekend, we’ve created this amazing braided ponytail tutorial. This is the last look in our Coachella series using ZALA Hair Extensions which is your one-stop look-book for festival hairstyles!
So, STEAL OUR STYLE and read on for a full tutorial of this stunning braided pony!
BRAIDED PONYTAIL TUTORIAL
- Hair Extensions – to have your locks on point and get you mistaken for a celeb at Coachella we’re using none other than our fave ZALA ponytail extensions. Our babe Madeleine wear’s a 22 inch 100% human hair pony Ice Queen Platinum Blonde #60 for serious platinum hair goals.
- Curling Wand – our go-to for styling, in particular for hair extensions, is always the ZALA Cosmo Wand using the 28mm attachment
- Hair elastics and bobby pins of course!
HOW TO GET THE LOOK:
- First things first, brush through your hair to ensure it’s tangle free and then create a clean centre parting.
- Section off 2 inches on one side of your part and then take another small section from the front. Split this into three parts.
- Next, it’s time to start braiding! For this look, you’re going to want to do a french braid. The key to this technique is to pick up more hair from each side as you cross the outer sections over and into the middle.
- Repeat this all the way back until you reach the crown of your head, then continue on with a regular braid and secure in place with an elastic.
- Then, repeat steps 3 and 4, three more times, until you have 2 braids either side of your part.
- Gather all your hair into a ponytail and secure in place with an elastic. This can be a low, high or medium ponytail, but we think the higher the better as it adds more stability and hold.
- Now for our favourite part – applying your ponytail extensions! This completely transforms your hair and brings the whole look together. Simply slide the clip into the base of your ponytail, wrap the small section around and pin in place. It’s that easy! The perfect pony in minutes, with a little help from ZALA!
- Finish the look with some boho curls and your hair is complete. Ready to take on Coachella weekend #2 with a power ponytail!